The procedure entry point EnumCalendarExEx could not belocated in the dynamic link library kernel32.dll RRS feed

• Question

• So, I uninstalled the update KB4462157and everything worked after restarting. But, after starting up the next day, the problem was back, so i uninstalled it again. But, now the problem is back and I can't find the update in the update list in Add/Remove program! I got the update and tried to install it but it said it already exists. I think I want to uninstall it and ask that it not be re-installed at each reboot, right. I need help. First, where do I find it?? Then, somehow I have to go to the update and ask it not be re-installed. I found a list of recent updates and activity. It says it was successfully re-installed, but where? and exactly how do I ask it not to be re-installed if that is the right thing? I'm still running XP. i would just get a whole new setup but we are waiting to retire. Maybe Ill just use Open Office?
    This is for Microsoft Office 2010 Thanks
    • Edited by Tim-SB Sunday, February 24, 2019 6:07 PM
    Sunday, February 24, 2019 5:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Tim,

It was indeed reported by some users that uninstalling KB4462157 would stop this error.

According to my research, we could also use a command line to uninstall updates. Please refer to this article.

(Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

Command line: wusa /uninstall /kb:4462157 /quiet /forcestart

Besides, according to the information in this official article, to stop Windows XP automatically installing updates for you, please check the steps below:

• Go to the Microsoft Update website.
    • Click Change Settings.
    • Under To stop using Microsoft Update, select the Disable Microsoft Update software and let me use Windows Update only check box.
    • Click Apply changes now, and then click Yes.

By the way, since Office 2010 will reach its end of support on October 13, 2020 and support for Windows XP ended April 8, 2014, it is recommended to upgrading to mainstreaming versions of Office and Windows like Office 2019 or Windows 10 for better user experience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, February 25, 2019 2:34 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, February 27, 2019 5:59 AM
    Monday, February 25, 2019 2:33 AM
  • Hi Perry. Thank you for your help. As of right now, I haven’t tried the command prompt. My wife who uses Quickbooks for our business is very reluctant to have me try it. If it all goes up in smoke I am left with some pretty ugly alternatives. I want to ask just a couple of things. At the end of each command, before the forward slash, is there a space? Does this command line force a restart or do I just exit? Also, when I go to work with settings, do I turn off the updates completely or will I have a chance to ask that this “ one “ update not be updated? Lastly, as the update KB 4462157 is not showing on the populated list in Run>Control Panel> Add/Remove section, will this command prompt cause a freeze or even the dreaded blue screen? I get really nervous trying things I never have tried before. Im 70 but have literally taught myself everything about computers, with the kind help of people around me... like you. Thank you!!
    Monday, February 25, 2019 4:09 PM
  • Hi,

If you have further concern about this command or settings of Windows xp, you can ask in Windows forum for more details as here we mainly focus on issues and feedback about Outlook desktop client.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Tuesday, February 26, 2019 6:22 AM
    Tuesday, February 26, 2019 6:19 AM
  • Hi Tim,

I am writing to see if my reply is helpful to you. If the information above was helpful, could you please help mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Regards,

Perry

• Edited by Perry-Pan Thursday, February 28, 2019 6:10 AM
    Thursday, February 28, 2019 6:10 AM