Slide out menus in custom toolbars? RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to create slide out menus in custom toolbars (similar to the way the start menu works when you create a new folder)?
    Click Start, click Run..., type "cmd" and hit enter, type "work /now"
    Thursday, February 3, 2011 4:03 PM

All replies

• If you know how to script and program, then anything is possible. Or you might find some branding tools that allow you to do that. check our resourcehacker, for branding windows. Edit cpl files... and so on.

Please do not forget to select the best answer if it helps you! The Ultimate computer newbie guide since the discovery of spoon feeding! The Computer Manual dot Com
    Friday, February 4, 2011 4:27 PM
  • Where are these resource files and how do I modify them to add this functionality to custom toolbars?

BTW, the custom toolbars I'm referring to are the ones you can create on the taskbar or dock on the side of the desktop. You put a bunch of shortcuts in a folder, right click the taskbar, go to Toolbars, New Toolbar, navigate to the folder you created and viola, new toolbar.  I just want to know how I can create submenus within these toolbars/menus.

Click Start, click Run..., type "cmd" and hit enter, type "work /now"
    Friday, February 4, 2011 4:53 PM
  • You have to search online for windows XP branding tools, you can search for resource hacker on google. I am giving you the direction where to look, I am not sure if you can make the tool bars slide just with those.

So if you want to do something you now have a direction. You have to do your research...

Please do not forget to select the best answer if it helps you! The Ultimate computer newbie guide since the discovery of spoon feeding! The Computer Manual dot Com
    Friday, February 4, 2011 5:56 PM