none
DPM 2010 - Secondary DPM Settings questions RRS feed

• Question

• I have some question regarding two DPM 2010 server. I didn't find any documents which discribes in detail setup and best practices. Maybe someone can answer my questions for the secondary server:

1) Why I have the setting "Express Full Backup" below the reolication frequency? I thougt I only need the replication interval!?
    2) What happens if the primary server fails for longer time? Will the secondary backup the Protection Groups or must I do anything that the secondary server will do the backup?`

Thanks a lot!

Jens

Monday, March 28, 2011 9:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

here are my answers i could be wrong.

1/ did you select different types of data? I think you have files/bmr and application datas that why you have both parameters.

2/ If the primary server fails then on the secondary you need to select the datasources and then select "Swith Disaster Protection". Do it back when the primary is up again. This doesn't applies to clients computers which couldn't be protected by the secondary in case of failure of the primary server.

Monday, March 28, 2011 10:59 PM
  • I just add more on item number two, if your primary server fails and need to restore it back

this is how to do it

http://owsug.ca/blogs/islamgomaa/archive/2011/01/17/Recover-the-Primary-DPM-Replica-after-a-complete-loss.aspx

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 1:24 AM
  • Thanks for your support!

1) yes, I had application data but why I must specifiy again an express backup schedule?

2) Ok, so I could set this setting on the protected ressource and not on the Protection Group. Which time schedule are used?

Jens

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 10:01 AM