Slideshow.exe preventing sleep RRS feed

• Question

• If slideshow is configured to point to a location other than a local hard drive(network server) it prevents the system from sleeping.  Any work around for this?
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 10:28 PM

Answers

• RickG2,

Yes, I thought you might feel that way about it. I believe you would need to cache those files locally, however. I like the way the slide show adds in new pictures just by dropping them in the folder, however I suspect this is what is causing your issue.
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, August 21, 2009 2:24 AM
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 3:48 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• RickG2,

You could try using offline files in the control panel, sync center.
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 3:36 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks, but this would defeat one of the reasons for Windows Home Server and I currently have all my pictures stored on the home server.  Having slideshow as a gadget is a nice to have and I can live without it, but I would think something simple like this should not impact the sleep function.  Particularly when there is such an emphasis on going green.
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 3:45 AM
  • RickG2,

Yes, I thought you might feel that way about it. I believe you would need to cache those files locally, however. I like the way the slide show adds in new pictures just by dropping them in the folder, however I suspect this is what is causing your issue.
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, August 21, 2009 2:24 AM
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 3:48 AM
    Answerer