none
Microsoft Word 2007 SP1 crashes and freezes on saving and closing. RRS feed

• General discussion

•  I am running Windows 7 beta X64 build 7000 on my T61

Problem: after installing MS Office 2007 Standard, everything works fine. After installing the required security updates, SP1, and fixes, only Word 2007 crashes (not PP, Excel, or Outlook). The crash happens just about every time I save a doc or exit Word.

I had a problem with word crashing with XP, Vista, and Vista X64. The fix was simple; since I have an HP C6280 printer all I had to do was make sure it wasn't set as the default printer. (therefore it was an HP driver issue)

This time with Win 7 that is not the case. I have even tried uninstalling all of my HP drivers and products.

The only solution which has worked for me is to disable all add-ons in Word.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or know of a fix?

I suspect it has something to do with the XML add-on; or maybe one of the updates.

Future MD
    Friday, January 30, 2009 6:39 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I have the XML and PDF add on myself and i do not experience this crash.  I also have all the updates installed.  Have you tried to repair the install or tried the Office Diagnostics from the Office Tools folder on the start menu?

Regards,

~Alex T.~
    ~Windows Desktop Experience MVP~
    Monday, February 9, 2009 7:36 PM
  • Thank you so much for your reply... I tried diagnostics, uninstalling/reinstalling, not applying the updates, nothing worked. Since I am a student and this quarter has proven to be rather difficult I put Windows 7 testing to the side and am running Vista now. Perhaps in the near future I will give it a shot once more. Thanks again!
    Future MD
    Thursday, February 19, 2009 8:38 AM