Windows 10 on WSUS shows as (Version 10.0) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I am seeing Windows 10 Updates listed on the WSUS as (Verssion 10.0), but the machines still seem to be looking to MS for the updates, not the WSUS.

Strangely enough, the WSUS is reporting that these Windows 10 machines are all at 99% as far as updated.

I have already download  hotfix for WSUS (Server 2012) KB3095113 and for Windows 10 Client v1511. In our Network Environment we have over 50 Client machines win7/8.1/10 but only win7/8.1 received update from WSUS.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU

UseWUServer    Reg_DWORD   0x0000001 (1)

Any suggesting will be a great Thanks!.

Monday, May 2, 2016 7:43 AM

Answers

• Hi Joseph.JJK,

Why you think these machines are still looking to MS for updates?

To verify whether these updates are download from Microsoft or WSUS server, we could v Open the windowsupdate.log and search the exact KB number to check it.

Here is an example for your reference, this KB3109103 is download from my WSUS server(10.157.58:8530)

If they do download from Microsoft, we could check the current Update server in the registry settings.

Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\

Please change the value data to the WSUS server’s IP address to have a try.

Also, please backup the registry key before we made any modifications to it.

In addition, for WSUS issue, we could also contact to our WSUS server forum for help.

They are more familiar with WSUS, I believe they have more resource to help you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?forum=winserverwsus

Best regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 10:48 AM