SQL Offline group RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I wonder if there is some way that I can disable the SQL Database monitor "Database Status" againts database in offline state? My customer don´t want to get alert when they take any database offline. I have try to create one Dynamic group to add all databases that is offline and then create one override against this group to disable the monitor "Database Status". But I couldn´t found any filter for "OFFLINE" that I can use for dynamic group.  

//Mats A

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 2:01 PM

All replies

• 1)  I have try to create one Dynamic group to add all databases that is offline and then create one override against this group to disable the monitor "Database Status".
    This is not a good practice solution because it is hard to determine whether DB offline is accidently or not. It is recommend that manually disable the discovery of offline DB and run powershell Remove-SCOMDisabledClassInstance to remove this monitoring.
    Roger
    • Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Wednesday, March 22, 2017 7:21 AM
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 3:17 AM
  • Hi Roger!

How did you create the dynamic Group so that only databases that is put into OFFLINE is added into the Group?

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 6:55 AM
  • Hello Mats

have you got the answer how to disable offline DB alerting? I can't imagine how the database can get offline accidentally and it is annoying to see these red servers. Thanks

Peter

• Edited by PJSNK Wednesday, November 22, 2017 11:27 AM
    Wednesday, November 22, 2017 11:25 AM