How to enforce UM “Allow Voice Mail Preview” RRS feed

• Question

• We are using the information delivered to the user via the Exchange 2013 UM “Allow Voice Mail Preview” to assist with our compliance tracking. When this feature is set in the UM Mailbox Policy, it is not enforced, and the users still have the option to remove this function in OWA. Is there a way to enforce this on users, so they cannot turn this option off?

• Edited by JSKoons Friday, February 20, 2015 6:42 PM
    Friday, February 20, 2015 6:32 PM

All replies

• Its a property stored in the mailbox itself, so you would need to use Powershell and EWS to get at it. A scheduled task perhaps to enable it if its been turned off. 

Don't know if that would be supported however.

Twitter!: Please Note: My Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

Friday, February 20, 2015 7:53 PM
  • That's a great idea, but we need to capture this transcription info at all times, if at all possible. So having any period of time without this enabled could cause legal and compliance issues for us.
    Friday, February 20, 2015 8:46 PM
  • The only other option I can think of ( and I dont know if this is possible) would be to look at the MyVoiceMail Role and see if you can create a customized role from that with the Voice Mail Preview  option inaccessible.

Since there is no single powershell command to control this, I suspect this wont really work unless you remove more functionality than you want - if that makes sense

Twitter!: Please Note: My Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

Friday, February 20, 2015 8:59 PM
  • I will definitely look into that, thanks!
    Friday, February 20, 2015 10:36 PM
  • Keep in mind that Voice Mail Preview is not a true transcription and should not be considered highly accurate all the time (lots of factors determine the accuracy or even if it gets generated at all), even when using a 3rd party Voice Mail Preview Partner service.
    Monday, March 2, 2015 4:08 PM
  • Thanks for that info Eric.
    Monday, March 2, 2015 6:07 PM