get server roles and features Powershell including version RRS feed

• Question

• I need a PS command that can get me all the role and features installed on a Server2016

Get-WindowsFeature does help me, but i need the version number as well

Get-WmiObject win32_product | ft name, version does it.. but not for features.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks Brian

Friday, August 23, 2019 7:03 PM

All replies

• Hmmm ... if I got you right - the features and roles depend on the version of the OS. If you Install-WindowsFeature you will not get asked what version you would like to get installed - it is the version included in the OS.

Live long and prosper!

(79,108,97,102|%{[char]$_})-join''

Friday, August 23, 2019 10:28 PM
  • Hmmm ... if I got you right - the features and roles depend on the version of the OS. If you Install-WindowsFeature you will not get asked what version you would like to get installed - it is the version included in the OS.

Live long and prosper!

What if it's updated from winupdate... It's a unique number I'm after. ID/Release number/version number
    • Edited by praem Saturday, August 24, 2019 7:45 AM
    Saturday, August 24, 2019 7:44 AM
  • What if it's updated from winupdate... It's a unique number I'm after. ID/Release number/version number
    It still belongs to the underlying operating system. You could use the build number of the OS if you really need something "countable".

Live long and prosper!

Saturday, August 24, 2019 9:30 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Lee

Just do it.

Friday, September 6, 2019 11:52 AM