App-V 5.0 Package: Run as Administrator RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody

Is there a way to start an App-V 5.0 package as an administrator?

We have applications, where we need to start them normally and start them as an administrator (Right click > Run as Administrator).

We can choose this menu, but if we run a package with administrator, there will nothing appear (no application, no messages).

Do anyone of you know a reason for that?

Thanks in advance.

G lrus

Friday, February 15, 2013 9:01 AM

Answers

• Hello znack, hello aaron.parker

The other users were in the correct group, but they didn't get the right policy. We corrected it and now we can use Run As.

Thank you for your tips.

• Proposed as answer by znack Thursday, February 21, 2013 2:35 PM
    • Marked as answer by David WoltersModerator Thursday, February 21, 2013 2:39 PM
    Thursday, February 21, 2013 2:07 PM

All replies

• Run as Administrator works for me on an App-V 5 package. Have you confirmed that the issue isn't with the application?

Are you running as administrator with the same user account or elevating with a separate account? If it's a separate account, then it's likely that the package must be published globally or to all users

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Friday, February 15, 2013 9:28 AM
  • When I run as administrator, I start the package with another, separate account - not with the same user.

What do you mean with that the package must be published to globally/all user's?
    Both user's are in the same application group, which allows to run the package.

Thanks for your answer(s).

Friday, February 15, 2013 9:41 AM
  • Hello,

Has the other user performed a publishing refresh?

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Friday, February 15, 2013 9:52 AM
  • Hello znack, hello aaron.parker

The other users were in the correct group, but they didn't get the right policy. We corrected it and now we can use Run As.

Thank you for your tips.

• Proposed as answer by znack Thursday, February 21, 2013 2:35 PM
    • Marked as answer by David WoltersModerator Thursday, February 21, 2013 2:39 PM
    Thursday, February 21, 2013 2:07 PM