none
Yammer Integration with Sharepoint 2013

Question

• We are trying to leverage yammer for corporate communication on our SP2013 environment. We have a strict policy against cloud. Can i know if yammer conversations will be saved into a database on premise or will it be in cloud?. Is there a way to restrict yammer to be completely on premise. Please let me know.

Saturday, April 1, 2017 3:57 AM

Answers

• No offence but the other reaction is outdated, due to the simple fact that Yammer app in SharePoint catalog store is not available anymore and is deprecated(stated in the other post). But that aside. There is no way to use Yammer If the company does not allow data being stored in the cloud. In comparison (you cannot host FaceBook on premise). If the default newsfeed is also not meeting the requirements, the only thing I know is custom software. Depending on your requirements this will be expensive. Personally I would recommend to convince Yammer in the cloud and otherwise Newsfeed. But ofcourse I cannot see whether what are demands, what are wishes and what are "Nice to haves".
    Sunday, April 2, 2017 10:10 PM

All replies

• No, not possible. If you want to keep things private. Use the integrated Newsfeed. Yammer always connect to a SaaS environment in Microsoft's Cloud so data is also stored there.
    Saturday, April 1, 2017 10:14 AM
  • Hi Naveen,

Kindly check similar thread responded,

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/64254268-8106-4059-9e55-e43c5c2ac61f/yammer-integration-with-sharepoint-2013?forum=sharepointadmin

Hope this help.

Vote - if you find this helpful

Marked as Answer - if you see this reply being an answer to the question of the thread

Regards,

Amjad Khan

Blog: https://amjadk.com

Sunday, April 2, 2017 5:39 AM
  • Thanks Anthony OOB Newsfeed doesn't really match our needs. Any work around for this? Any options available?
    Sunday, April 2, 2017 8:42 PM
  • No offence but the other reaction is outdated, due to the simple fact that Yammer app in SharePoint catalog store is not available anymore and is deprecated(stated in the other post). But that aside. There is no way to use Yammer If the company does not allow data being stored in the cloud. In comparison (you cannot host FaceBook on premise). If the default newsfeed is also not meeting the requirements, the only thing I know is custom software. Depending on your requirements this will be expensive. Personally I would recommend to convince Yammer in the cloud and otherwise Newsfeed. But ofcourse I cannot see whether what are demands, what are wishes and what are "Nice to haves".
    Sunday, April 2, 2017 10:10 PM
  • Demands are having persistent chat where we can create  teams specifically for each project.  In that way we don't have to open email and find things all the time. Also to exchange ideas, to see employee engagement and various collaboration ideas. We do have deployments going on for days all the time so it would be better for team members to have a collaboration platform and have all communications recorded. We are trying to find a right tool for all our collaboration needs. And cloud is a Big No and we don't even have skype for the same reason. 
    Sunday, April 2, 2017 11:22 PM
  • Yes, but Skype for business does meet the demands. You can host this on premise and with Unified Messaging, it records in Exchange. Also persistant chat is possible in SfB.
    Monday, April 3, 2017 5:38 AM
  • Skype does meet some of the criteria but it's not really effective if we consider team collaboration. If it's one on one it's okay but not for entire team.
    Monday, April 3, 2017 5:56 PM
  • So Yammer Enterprise comes free with SP2013 Enterprise edition right?
    Monday, April 3, 2017 9:16 PM
  • I do agree. Unfortunately you are left with newsfeed, custom software and maybe partly S4B.
    Monday, April 3, 2017 9:18 PM