none
outlook cannot contact to your incoming (POP3) RRS feed

• Question

•  hi 

dear sir;

my email stopped from three days ago, in the beginning give me message error my password not correct then i delete my account then great it again but doesn't work yet, in this time i have this error (Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): Outlook cannot connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).) and when i enter from the web mail it give me the user name or your passwordnot correct.

so please told me what i can do.

best regrade 

Nahed Al-Smadi

Thursday, October 20, 2016 7:34 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Is it a Exchange account and enable POP3 services?

If so, please ensure:
    1. Double check and ensure that user account and password are valid.
    2. Ensure this issue occur on all POP3 account or not?
    3. Try to run Test-PopConnectivity or MRCA with POP3 mail tests if this issue occur on all POP3 account.

If it's not a Exchange account, please contact POP3 provider for further troubleshooting.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 21, 2016 7:34 AM

All replies

• What does your e-mail administrator say?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Friday, October 21, 2016 7:09 AM
  • Hi,

Is it a Exchange account and enable POP3 services?

If so, please ensure:
    1. Double check and ensure that user account and password are valid.
    2. Ensure this issue occur on all POP3 account or not?
    3. Try to run Test-PopConnectivity or MRCA with POP3 mail tests if this issue occur on all POP3 account.

If it's not a Exchange account, please contact POP3 provider for further troubleshooting.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 21, 2016 7:34 AM
  • You did not tell which Exchange Server you are connecting to? If there is no Exchange server behind and your mailbox resides by some other email services provider, go to the web site of this particular provider and search help there about POP3 mail client configuration. Many providers have changed their security settings /policies after resent security issues requiring thus their customers to reconfigure mail client settings and to change passwords for more secure.

If you even not able to log in using web interface, then either your password is really incorrect or the service is temporary unavailable.

Friday, October 21, 2016 3:29 PM