I get mail that is not addressed to me. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. 
    I get lots of emails that are not addressed to me. The e-mail address that is very similar to mine, is only separated by one point. For example, "user.12(at)gmail.com" "user12(at)gmail.com.
    Please fix this!

Regards, Mikael Andersson

• Moved by Perry-Pan Wednesday, April 24, 2019 5:04 AM
    Wednesday, April 3, 2019 9:07 AM

All replies

• Please create a rule to move email received from a particular email address to deleted folder

OR

create a new folder --> right click --> properties --> Archive this folder using these setting --> clean out item older than (select 1 days) -- > Select permanently delete item

Hope this will help, this is how I manage those unwanted emails and auto delete them

Neeraj Jha

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 10:23 AM
  • Hi Mikael,

What’ the type of your account?

Is the content of these emails useful to you? Are these emails from the same sender? Do you know the sender?
    If you know the sender, then you may be receiving the email as a Blind Carbon Copy (BCC), just ask the sender for details.

If you don’t know the sender, then the messages may be spams, it is suggested to check the header of the messages to see if your email address can be found here.
    Then you can block the sender via right-clicking a message from the sender you want to block, and then click Junk > Block Sender.

To learn more about email and web scams, see the Protect yourself from phishing.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, April 4, 2019 6:20 AM
  • Hi,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    And if you need further assistance on this, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, April 8, 2019 1:37 AM