Can not access favorites after upgrade to IE 9 RRS feed

• Question

• Running Windows 7/ IE 9

Clicking the favorite star shows me some of my favorite folders. However many more are missing.

When I click "add to favorites" and drop down as if to add a favorite to another folder, I see the folders I am missing.

However I can not figure out how to access those folders. They are only visiable in the  "Add a favorite" box in the create in drop down.  I can not open those files.  Help

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 5:23 AM

Answers

• Backup your Favorites folder, then reset IE setttings. See if it works.

If the issue persists, try re-install IE9 then, manually import the favorites.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Edited by Miya Yao Friday, November 25, 2011 8:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Tuesday, December 13, 2011 7:21 AM
    Friday, November 25, 2011 8:29 AM

All replies

• Thanks, but that is not my problem.

I have my bars enabled. The fav files I want to get to are only visiable when I  click add favorite and drop down the "Create in" drop box.

I can see the files there and only there, but I can not open them there.

Any other ideas?

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 11:49 PM
  • No, I use google and bookmarks and they transfer with the help of google toolbar for ie9,

I gave you the thread to possibly monitor as the question was similar.

Have you checked for windows updates lately ?
    • Edited by ThrashZone Wednesday, November 23, 2011 11:57 PM
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 11:55 PM
  • Backup your Favorites folder, then reset IE setttings. See if it works.

If the issue persists, try re-install IE9 then, manually import the favorites.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Edited by Miya Yao Friday, November 25, 2011 8:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Tuesday, December 13, 2011 7:21 AM
    Friday, November 25, 2011 8:29 AM
  • Son of a gun it worked.

God Bless and thanks

Thursday, December 1, 2011 11:47 AM