Appv self healing or the like RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there, We are starting to setup APP-V applications. Someone told me that app-v has something like Self-healing; That if something gets messed up with the application, it will automatically retrieve the package or the items that are missing. Is there something like that available? If yes, what is it called and where can i find info on it? thank you.
    Friday, May 22, 2015 3:47 PM

Answers

• Yes, you can use the following PowerShell code to repair the package. The settings are reset to their original state when the package was originally added to the system.
    Repair-AppvClientPackage -name *<partofpackagename>*
    If you have the App-V 5 client GUI installed, you can also use the GUI and click on the Repair button on the Virtual Apps tab.

Twitter | Blog | App-V Deployment Whitepaper | My AppX section
    If you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Friday, May 22, 2015 8:30 PM
  • There is no such Option which will automatically retrieve the Missing information[Files, Registries & so]. You have to repair the Package manually using the Power Shell Command given by RalJans below. This will restore the application to the Initial State.
    • Marked as answer by gthegreat1 Tuesday, May 26, 2015 4:23 PM
    Tuesday, May 26, 2015 7:06 AM

All replies

• Yes, you can use the following PowerShell code to repair the package. The settings are reset to their original state when the package was originally added to the system.
    Repair-AppvClientPackage -name *<partofpackagename>*
    If you have the App-V 5 client GUI installed, you can also use the GUI and click on the Repair button on the Virtual Apps tab.

Twitter | Blog | App-V Deployment Whitepaper | My AppX section
    If you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Friday, May 22, 2015 8:30 PM
  • There is no such Option which will automatically retrieve the Missing information[Files, Registries & so]. You have to repair the Package manually using the Power Shell Command given by RalJans below. This will restore the application to the Initial State.
    • Marked as answer by gthegreat1 Tuesday, May 26, 2015 4:23 PM
    Tuesday, May 26, 2015 7:06 AM