none
FIM 2010 CM and FIM CM 2010 R2 in the same Domain and connecting to the same PKI RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a requirement to upgrade my FIM CM setup from FIM 2010 to FIM 2010 R2 SP1. I am not looking for an in place upgrade, instead I would like to have a new parallel setup (new FIM 2010 R2 servers, new SQL 2012 servers), connecting to the same AD and PKI.

Thank You.

• Edited by JPM2014 Friday, September 12, 2014 4:13 PM was not appropriate
    Friday, September 12, 2014 4:10 PM

Answers

• Hi JPM

Yes, you can do a parallel setup, but keep the following things in mind:

1) Do you plan to manage the existing certificates, if so, then you need to make a cut-off and migrate the FIMCM database to the new SQL server. If you keep two instances, you will have certs that cannot be managed in each.

2) You will need to migrate the clmKRAgent, clmAgent, and clmEnrollagent certs to the new FIM CM server

3) You should use the same SCP (to maintain permissions)

4) I would migrate any changes in web.config to the new server

I would not use the previous FIM CM setup after the migration is complete. Keep it for roll back during the upgrade. but do not allow connectivity afterwards

Brian

• Marked as answer by JPM2014 Sunday, September 14, 2014 12:40 PM
    Friday, September 12, 2014 5:16 PM

All replies

• Hi JPM

Yes, you can do a parallel setup, but keep the following things in mind:

1) Do you plan to manage the existing certificates, if so, then you need to make a cut-off and migrate the FIMCM database to the new SQL server. If you keep two instances, you will have certs that cannot be managed in each.

2) You will need to migrate the clmKRAgent, clmAgent, and clmEnrollagent certs to the new FIM CM server

3) You should use the same SCP (to maintain permissions)

4) I would migrate any changes in web.config to the new server

I would not use the previous FIM CM setup after the migration is complete. Keep it for roll back during the upgrade. but do not allow connectivity afterwards

Brian

• Marked as answer by JPM2014 Sunday, September 14, 2014 12:40 PM
    Friday, September 12, 2014 5:16 PM
  • Thank You Brian. This really helped me start this migration. I am currently building the parallel setup.
    Sunday, September 14, 2014 12:41 PM