Internet Explorer (and Windows Explorer) encountered a validation error RRS feed

• Question

• Server: HP ML110 G6

Winodws Server 2008 R2 Enterprise: fresh install.

Internet Explorer encountered a validation error

Process Name:iexplore.exe

Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll

Asset offset: 000014159

I have received numerous of these messages from Internet and/or Windows Explorer. always involving a different *.dll. Also I get this error on other hardware platforms too, such as HP's Z210 tower. I would REALLY like an explanation of what the problem is. After a time the OS self-destructs and it has to be reinstalled <grrrr>. From my attempts to get to the bottom of this, I see that this has been happening a lot. Is MicroSoft doing anything about it?

TIA

Friday, June 22, 2012 1:22 AM

Answers

• I am replying to myself, afyer reviewing other posts on different locations a number of people suggested that the MSDN downloads may be the problem. THEY ARE. After downmloading and installing an image I downloaded direclty from MS, it installed percectly, no complaint about installed NIC and graphics cards, no IE and WE validation errors, Annnd I am now getting MS updates which I couldn't get before on my other server. Its almost like they are providing RC or beta code on the MSDN download site 8-/.
    • Proposed as answer by tracycai Tuesday, June 26, 2012 2:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Friday, July 6, 2012 5:24 AM
    Friday, June 22, 2012 2:15 PM