none
Can I request a read receipt for messages forwarded using a rule?

Question

• Is it possible to create a rule for incoming messages from a specific email address, to forward the email and request a read receipt for that forwarding address only?

I receive an emailed account from an insurance company; I want to automatically forward this to a financial manager who will then pay the account - straightforward so far. But I can't see how to add a read request to that forwarded email only.

I know I can set up a rule that asks for read request for mail I send to a specific person or group...

Thanks in advance

Peter

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 8:37 PM

Answers

• Hi Peter,

Based on my knowledge, there is no such rule can auto-forward the email and request a read receipt from the forwarding address.

As a workaround, you can create a rule that ask for read request for mail you send, and then forward the email manually.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 7:36 AM

All replies

• Not that I know unless you can write up something in EWS.
    Tuesday, February 14, 2017 11:42 PM
  • Hi Peter,

Based on my knowledge, there is no such rule can auto-forward the email and request a read receipt from the forwarding address.

As a workaround, you can create a rule that ask for read request for mail you send, and then forward the email manually.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 7:36 AM
  • Hi Peter,

Is there any update on this thread?

If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well. 

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng

Friday, February 24, 2017 10:44 AM