none
DNS and domain controller Doubt RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

Can you please assist me in clearing the doubt in DNS and domain controller.

we as network team make the A-record, CNAME and other record in one DNS server (DNS.ABC.com).

When I see the ipconfig/all output on any of the user machine I could see the IP's of domain controllers (MYDC01.ABC.COM) as DNS instead of DNS.ABC.com.

While our AD team manages the domain controllers and we as network team manage the DNS server. 

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, November 16, 2017 3:33 PM

All replies

• Hi ranabrij,

>>When I see the ipconfig/all output on any of the user machine I could see the IP's of domain controllers (MYDC01.ABC.COM) as DNS instead of DNS.ABC.com.

Before we go further, I would like to confirm the following questions:

Would you please post the result of running ipconfig/all at the command prompt on the user machine to let us know the machine’s configuration?

How do you assign IP address?

If you using DHCP assign IP address, please check the DHCP server option 006.

Option 006 DNS servers  = IP Address of your DNS Server

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 17, 2017 6:43 AM
  • Hi ranabrij,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Candy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 20, 2017 9:31 AM
  • Hi ,

Did you have any updates?

Best Regards,

Candy

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 6:28 AM