none
Windows 10 1803 with language packs RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All

I have a question how Windows 10 works with language packs. I deploy Windows 10 1803 with MDT and have imported the multi language packs for 1803. I added the languages I want to install in the rules. It is EN (default), DE, FR, IT and ES. When I start the task sequence language packs are shown and the language packs mentioned in the rules.ini are already selected. In Locals and Time in the filed "Language to install" all five language are available. I select English EN, for Time and currency format I choose "German Swiss" and for keyboard layout "Swiss German".

Windows 10 deploys fine and the wizard ends with error. What puzzle me in Windows 10 under settings, Time & settings, Windows display language dropdown, I have only three choices, English, German and French, I see under preferred language German and French only. I don't see Spanish (ES) and Italian (IT) language packs which were installed with MDT.

How does it work? Why are those not shown? Is it related to keyboard layout or time format country?

Thanks

Edy

Edy from Switzerland

Friday, June 22, 2018 9:59 AM

All replies

• Hey Edy,

Run this Command to get the list of installed language packs in the reference computer. dism /online /get-intl

I would suggest you to look into the article where you can get some help.

https://execmgr.net/2017/09/20/installing-language-packs-windows-10-waas/

Friday, June 22, 2018 3:32 PM
  • Thanks for this.This was helpful and pointed me to the right direction.

I have downloaded from VL the feature pack which has on ISO 1 additional language files like handwriting and so on.

Cheers

Edy from Switzerland

Monday, June 25, 2018 4:56 PM