none
controlling a PDP by current user RRS feed

• Question

• All,

we are using MSPS 2010, with August CU.

I have few PDPs in a workflow, where I have a custom field with names. (Ex: Business Process Manager), with a lookup table.

Since this is a custom field, as far as I can see there is no way for me to control the security on that page based on this field.

I am writing to see if anyone has any idea/piece of code that allows me to control security on a particular PDP by checking the User who is logged into PWA, and comparing it with this custom field.

Thank you in advance.

Monday, November 15, 2010 8:20 PM

Answers

All replies

• Prasanna,

I think that would be a major piece of code.  As an alternate way to approach,  I would setup a NT Group and set the permission on the page based on the group.

Cheers

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Thursday, November 18, 2010 12:11 PM
  • Not necessarily a major piece of code, but would require customization.
    Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Monday, January 24, 2011 6:35 PM
  • Prasanna,

The other way i can think of, to avoid any coding:

1. use the resource department OOB Enterprise custom field for all your resources.
    2. make this field a resource type custom field (if its not already a resource type)
    3. and associate this custom field with the the specific department
    4. and put the Resource department custom field on your PDP.

Now when your resource come to this PDP, they have to select their department first, and then only the custom fields associated with that dept. will be displayed for the input. This way you can avoid users of different dept to access the custom fields not required for them.

I am not sure if this solution really goes with your current scenario and requirement, else the only option left is the to coding which Christophe and Michael have already mentioned.

Let me know if this piece of information is of any help?

| Khurram Jamshed | Follow my blog about Enterprise Project Management Solution | http://khurramjamshed.blogspot.com |
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 11:25 AM