none
POP3 Connector in Exchange Online / Office365? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have a case with multiple *@gmx.net email adresses. This is a free imap/pop provider like gmail as example. We do not want to change the domain and keep using "@gmx.net.

Is it possible in Exchange Online / Office365 to use a pop email address? Somehow like the old POP3 Connector that Windows SBS had integrated.

I can imagine it would work for receiving emails..... but how would it look like with sendind?

and another question..... would it work with a local installation of exchange 2016?

Appreciate the help..... I googled a lot but didn't really get a clear answer.

Thursday, April 5, 2018 9:55 AM

All replies

• I have looked at connected accounts....  the way I see it you have to create an office 365 account and then add the connected mailbox, in this case *gmx.net, to your existing account. The Sending and Receiving email would still be the office 365 mail address and not the *@gmx.net right?

But this makes sense cause you can't create an office 365 account with a @gmx.net domain right?

Thanks.....

Thursday, April 5, 2018 11:53 AM
  • Hi ,

Your understanding is right.

If you want to create an office 365 account with a custom domain, you can refer to the following articles:

Change your email address to use your custom domain

Add a domain to Office 365

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, April 13, 2018 9:44 AM
  • Hi ,

Is there any update on this thread? If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, April 23, 2018 9:37 AM