none
Setting an Attribute Value in Inbound Flow For Initial Flow Only RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to set a value of an attribute in an Inbound Attribute Flow, but only at the Initial Flow? I know there is an "Initial Flow Only" flag for outbound flows in declarative rules. However, the same flag is not available for Inbound flows.

I am assuming this might have to be set up as a rule extension, so what should I look for in the flow? Some property value? Metaverse or connector space object not available? 

Friday, July 7, 2017 6:47 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I would say that is a thing workflows with activities are made for.

So on creation trigger a workflow which sets the attribute, after that you can flow them by sync rule wherever you want. I would look into using the MIMWAL Update Resource activity as the internal Function Evaluator has limited functions for dates.

http://aka.ms/MIMWAL

MIMWAL was used and developed by MS Consulting in the past, and made public some time ago.

/Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by Celso G. Lima Monday, July 10, 2017 1:56 PM
    Saturday, July 8, 2017 8:06 AM

All replies

• Hi,

yes you are right you will need rules extensions for this, as this cannot be done by sync rules.

Sync rules does also not have access to mv attributes on inbound flows.

Setup a rules extension with for an advanced import attribute flow.

Let the CSEntry value only flow if the MVEntry value is not present.

/Peter 

Friday, July 7, 2017 7:23 PM
  • The attribute I would like to set will not be available in the connector space of the MA I would like to use as the trigger for this process. It is a value I would like to generate on the fly. Maybe I should give you more information on what I am trying to accomplish.

We are a university, and we are discussing enabling student accounts for password activation upon the account creation in the portal. The idea is to create the account, notify the student at his/her personal e-mail account and disable the password activation within 2 hours through an automated process.

One idea I came up with was to  create an attribute in the portal called pwdActivationDate to store the date and time pwdActivation was set to false. I could also set up something like pwdActivationExpiration and set when pwdActivation should be set back to true.

I would like to set either one of those attributes in the portal when the account gets created in the portal.

Friday, July 7, 2017 9:15 PM
  • Hi,

I would say that is a thing workflows with activities are made for.

So on creation trigger a workflow which sets the attribute, after that you can flow them by sync rule wherever you want. I would look into using the MIMWAL Update Resource activity as the internal Function Evaluator has limited functions for dates.

http://aka.ms/MIMWAL

MIMWAL was used and developed by MS Consulting in the past, and made public some time ago.

/Peter

• Marked as answer by Celso G. Lima Monday, July 10, 2017 1:56 PM
    Saturday, July 8, 2017 8:06 AM
  • Thank you so much for the suggestion. We will look into putting something together using MIMWAL instead.
    Monday, July 10, 2017 1:56 PM