Skype4B Conferencing & „Call me at“ Option RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

We have a customer who has an own SIP provider trunk ONLY for Dial-In access for Conferencing. Normally incoming/outgoing PSTN calls to/from EV enabled users are routed to an separate ISDN T2 trunk.

When an external user (e.g. domain user) wants to join a conference via „Call me at“ option, Skype4B establishes the call via the ISDN T2 access (if the number is an external number). Normal behaviour.

Our customer wants now to use this SIP provider trunk ALSO for „Call me at“ functionality for conferencing dial-out.

How could it be possible to establish the call via the SIP provider trunk instead of the ‚normal‘ ISDN T2 trunk? How can we control, which trunk is used for the „Call me at“ functionality?

We assume, Skype4B conferencing uses for this situation the same DialPlan and VoicePolicy as the user has who establishes the conference initially because on the external phone you can see the extension number of this user when „Call me at“ function calls the phone number. In CLS logs we can see also that the ISDN trunk is used for these outgoing calls and the SIP trunk not. So we want to change these outgoing „Call me at“ calls via the SIP trunk.

Environment: SfB with CU5.

Many thanks for feedback.
    Frank

Wednesday, June 7, 2017 7:19 PM

Answers

• You cannot use the Conference trunk for the outgoing call as the outgoing call is generated based on the Voice policy and dial plan assigned to the organizer.Based on the organizer voice policy the trunk will be selected and in your case it is ISDN T2 as default trunk.If you make SIP trunk as default trunk it will be used as outgoing trunk.

http://blog.insidelync.com/2015/08/enabling-skype-for-business-users-to-join-a-conference-via-call-me-at/

One Option you can check if the call header is having any REF value(Dialin Number) in it while doing dial out, your gateway team can check based on the REF value if they can select the trunk.

Jayakumar K

• Marked as answer by FrankZie Wednesday, June 14, 2017 2:10 PM
    Friday, June 9, 2017 6:45 AM

All replies

• Hi FrankZie,

As I am concerned. We could use SIP provider trunk to establish the call. You could refer to the following link to learn more details about SIP trunk on Skype for business.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398619.aspx

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 9, 2017 2:29 AM
  • You cannot use the Conference trunk for the outgoing call as the outgoing call is generated based on the Voice policy and dial plan assigned to the organizer.Based on the organizer voice policy the trunk will be selected and in your case it is ISDN T2 as default trunk.If you make SIP trunk as default trunk it will be used as outgoing trunk.

http://blog.insidelync.com/2015/08/enabling-skype-for-business-users-to-join-a-conference-via-call-me-at/

One Option you can check if the call header is having any REF value(Dialin Number) in it while doing dial out, your gateway team can check based on the REF value if they can select the trunk.

Jayakumar K

• Marked as answer by FrankZie Wednesday, June 14, 2017 2:10 PM
    Friday, June 9, 2017 6:45 AM
  • Hi Jim, Jayakumar,

thanx for your answers.
    As I assumed, there is no way in order to configure another trunk only for the "Call me at" feature.

"Based on the organizer's voice policy the trunk will be selected" is the jumping point.

Regards
    Frank

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 2:17 PM