Cannot download Vista Home Premium on my computer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I've recently bought Vista Home Premium download, but I can't download it - please help?
    I've clicked on 'Download' and gone through all the steps.. but everytime I click on 'Launch' an error comes up, it says "Windows Vista Setup Preperation cannot find one of it's required files".
    But I don't know why and I've tried everything.

I don't want my money to go to waist, so please reply if you have any ideas.

Thank you
    Lauren
    Monday, July 13, 2009 8:15 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet Forum.

I am wondering whether the website you download Windows Vista Home Premium from is correct, and whether it is the right edition of Operating System.  For upgrading your existing PC, I recommend that you visit the following website and perform upgrading step by step.

Get Windows Vista: Upgrade your existing PC

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/get/upgrade-your-pc.aspx

Note: it is recommended to check your hardware configurations first then use the Windows Upgrade Advisor to upgrade Operating System. Also make sure that you log on with administrator account.

Meanwhile, I suggest that you reset Internet Explorer settings to the default settings. Then try to download the file.

Reset Internet Explorer settings

================================

1) In Internet Explorer, select the Tools menu and then click Internet Options.

2) Click the Advanced tab, Click Reset button.

3) Click Reset button while a prompt asks” Are you sure you want to reset all the Internet Explorer settings”.

4) Click Ok, restart your Internet Explorer.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 4:18 AM