Huawei P8 Lite Android Phone connects to Windows 10 as CD drive RRS feed

• Question

• When I connect my phone via USB cable the phone connects as both a phone and a CD drive (Drive F).  Phone repeatedly disconnects and reconnects.  I've deleted the device and reconnected then updated the driver - didn't help.  Also installed Huawei's HiSuite but it didn't fix the problem.  All I really want to do is transfer files - videos and pictures.  Help please!
    Monday, December 9, 2019 6:01 PM

Answers

• Hi,

For your issue, check if your phone's connection mode has selected the "Transfer File" option instead of the "Charge Only" option.

If the issue still happens, refer to the following steps about how to use HiSuite to detect your phone:

1. Make sure the latest version of HiSuite is installed on your PC. If not, try installing the latest version using the previous version of HiSuite;
    2. Also, make sure to enable USB Debugging mode. To do so, you need to go to Settings > About. Tap the Build number seven times to make Settings > Developer options available. Then enable the USB Debugging option;
    3. Just try to reboot your phone and check if it works;
    4. Changing USB ports: This may seem unimportant, but it is very important since a USB driver update can affect the performance of a device that was plugged in at the moment of update;
    5. Check that HDB (allow HiSuite to connect using HDB) is enabled. Try to revoke HDB permission from your PC, enable and try to connect again.

Please try these methods and let us know if it works.  We are looking forward to your reply.

Have a nice day~

Best Regards

Kiki

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Unstonian Tuesday, December 10, 2019 12:33 PM
    Tuesday, December 10, 2019 6:19 AM

All replies

• Hi Unstonian,

1) HiSuite is installed in Huawei devices. And it is recognized as a CD Drive in Windows.
       Ignore HiSuite, because it is not related to your issue.

2) When we connect an Android phone to Windows computer via USB, we can choose how to use USB:
      a. Transfer photos
      b. Transfer files
      c. Charge only
      The below dialog will appear on your Huawei device. Choose [Transfer files]    
    After choosing [Transfer files], you can see your Huawei device in Windows Explorer.
    (My device is Huawei MediaPad M5)   

Regards,

Ashidacchi -- http://hokusosha.com

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 2:06 AM
  • Hi,

For your issue, check if your phone's connection mode has selected the "Transfer File" option instead of the "Charge Only" option.

If the issue still happens, refer to the following steps about how to use HiSuite to detect your phone:

1. Make sure the latest version of HiSuite is installed on your PC. If not, try installing the latest version using the previous version of HiSuite;
    2. Also, make sure to enable USB Debugging mode. To do so, you need to go to Settings > About. Tap the Build number seven times to make Settings > Developer options available. Then enable the USB Debugging option;
    3. Just try to reboot your phone and check if it works;
    4. Changing USB ports: This may seem unimportant, but it is very important since a USB driver update can affect the performance of a device that was plugged in at the moment of update;
    5. Check that HDB (allow HiSuite to connect using HDB) is enabled. Try to revoke HDB permission from your PC, enable and try to connect again.

Please try these methods and let us know if it works.  We are looking forward to your reply.

Have a nice day~

Best Regards

Kiki

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Unstonian Tuesday, December 10, 2019 12:33 PM
    Tuesday, December 10, 2019 6:19 AM
  • Thanks for the response, Ashidacchi.  I have uninstalled Hisuite from the computer and although Windows still recognises the phone as a CDRom it also recognises the phone and I can now transfer the files.  I appreciate your help.

Regards

Unstonian

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 12:30 PM