Auto Accept does not unregister mailbox RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to unregister a mailbox from the Auto Accept agent.  When type in the command:

cscript registermailbox.vbs /u /m:bconference@xyz.com

I receive the following message: "Done deleteting event binding for bconference@xyz.com".  The problem is, when I run listmailboxes.vbs, the mailbox bconference@xyz.com still shows up in the list of registered mailboxes.  I can repeatedly run the command to unregister the mailbox and it says "Done deleteting..." every time, but it doesn't actually delete.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 2:10 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Please refer to the following article and see if it helps:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124425(v=exchg.65).aspx

Thanks,
    Simon

Thursday, February 16, 2012 7:43 PM
  • Well, it helps in that someone else has the same problem, but there are no instructions on how to resolve.
    Thursday, February 16, 2012 7:53 PM
  •  

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

Please note the RegisterMailbox.vbs must be run on the Exchange server where the resource

mailboxes are located. This script cannot be run remotely. And it requires Full Exchange Administrator rights to run it.

Thanks,

Simon Wu

Exchange Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, February 17, 2012 1:36 AM
  • I am running RegisterMailbox.vbs on the Exchange server where the resource mailboxes are located; and I am using full Exchange Administrator rights.  The article you referenced in your first response is what I am experiencing (mailbox deleted before unregistering it from Autoaccept; however, the tools it references are no longer available.  They reference a replacement tool from a third party vendor, but that tool has been replaced by the vendor as well.

Friday, February 17, 2012 2:32 PM