No call history entry when a user has a forward configured on lync server. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

We configured for an user a forward to a callgroup directly on our lync server. Now the problem is, that when this specific user misses / declines a call, this call will not be displayed in the call history.

That problem does not happen for users, which have no forward configured on lync server.

This problem only occurs for phone calls, not for chat messages. Missed chat conversations are displayed correctly in the history.

- Is this intended, that there are no call history entries when an user has a forward configured on lync server?
    - Is there a workaround / trick to solve this "problem"?

Thanks for any input. If more informations are required, let me know.

Cheers,
    J

Monday, November 13, 2017 7:48 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi JohnYolo,

Do other users in call group,have the same problem?

If you set your account in another computer, does the issue persist?

Could you find these group call information on the outlook conversation history?

When a user in the call group,he miss the call,if the call was pick up by others in the call group, will you receive a e-mail about the call?

If you want to know something about the conversation history,you could refer to the following link.

http://lyncdude.com/2014/05/27/complete-guide-for-troubleshooting-lync-outlook-clients-integration/index.html

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Regards,

Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 6:35 AM
  • Salut Leon Lu,

Thanks for your reply.

Do other users in call group,have the same problem?

Yes.

If you set your account in another computer, does the issue persist?

Yes. Also with different S4B client versions the problem occurs.

Could you find these group call information on the outlook conversation history?

No. Calls are not saved in Outlook. Messages are displayed correctly in outlook. For me this seems like the communication between O365 and Skype is working.

When a user in the call group,he miss the call,if the call was pick up by others in the call group, will you receive a e-mail about the call?

No.

Let me try to specify the setup we have a bit better:

Callgroup 1 (Number 0441234567) > Forward after 15 seconds to Callgroup 2 (Number 04412345678) > Forward after 10 seconds to a mobile number

So any user in Callgroup 2 who declines or pick up the forwarded call from Callgroup 1 has no call history entry.

Now it would be nice that those calls which where either picked up or declined will be displayed in the call history of the users in the callgroup. Maybe this is by design not implemented, i dont know. Any idea?

Cheers,
    J

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 8:55 AM
  • Hi JohnYolo,

Thanks for your reply.

According my research, if the call is not targeted at this user in particular, there will be no missed call notification. (e.g. Response Group call)

You could refer to this link related to RGS call:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/nexthop/2009/08/25/no-missed-call-notification-for-rgs-calls/

Regards,

Leon Lu

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 20, 2017 8:07 AM
  • Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Regards,

Leon Lu

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 6:59 AM
  • Hey Leon Lu,

Sorry for my late response.

This explains why there are no notifications.

Thank you, this helped a lot. I will add the technet link to our knowledge base and inform my team ;)

Have a great week.
    Salut,
    J

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 1:28 PM