why simply replying to an email generates an error message in sending? RRS feed

• Question

• found out today only, when i simply reply (that is click on Reply button), i would get this error message:

however, if before hitting the send button, i delete the email address and instead typed manually the recipients email address the message gets thru.

is the problem with us or the sender?

Tuesday, October 2, 2018 9:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Reno,

Does this issue only occur when replying to this particular recipient? Can you send a new message to him?

From the description in your post, it sounds like an autocomplete cache issue. If it only affect the particular recipient, please try the following steps and check the result:

1. Start typing the display name of the recipient in To filed.
    2. Highlight the entry in the suggested names list, hit the Delete key before tabbing out of the field to remove the autocomplete cache of the contact.

If it occurs to multiple recipients, you may delete the entire autocomplete cache via File > Options > Mail > Empty Auto-Complete List:

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, October 3, 2018 6:44 AM
  • hi,

it's not the cache issue because the user simply clicks on the reply button.

what i found now is the reason he gets that error is because the headers of the emails are all gone! i still haven't found out why though so in the meantime i have advised the user to manually type the email address instead of hitting reply.

strange..

Thursday, October 4, 2018 6:23 AM
  • hi,

it's not the cache issue because the user simply clicks on the reply button.

what i found now is the reason he gets that error is because the headers of the emails are all gone! i still haven't found out why though so in the meantime i have advised the user to manually type the email address instead of hitting reply.

strange..

Hi Reno,

Do you mean the headers like From, Sent, To, CC, Subject won't show up at the top of the original message body when clicking Reply? Or do you mean the entire message headers disappear when checking from File > Properties > Internet Headers?

Does this issue only occur when the message is sent from a particular user? If so, how about others who receive messages from the user?

Besides, if possible, please try using Message Trace to have a look at the problematic message to see if any transport rules are applied to the user.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, October 4, 2018 9:24 AM
  • the entire message headers disappear when checking from File > Properties > Internet Headers.

so far, only from this particular user.

where is this "Message Trace" thing?

Thursday, October 4, 2018 9:31 AM
  • Hi Reno,

Sorry for haven't confirming the mail account with you. Are the users using Exchange accounts? If this is the case, please contact the Exchange Administrator to analysis the message using Message trace. If you are not using Exchange accounts, then it's not applicable.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Thursday, October 4, 2018 9:37 AM