WSUS Reporting - Recently approved updates. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to pull a report on recently approved updates. I have a feeling I'm making a mistake, but for some reason I can't pull a report that shows only updates I updates approved last week.

Any suggestions or advice welcome.

Thanks.

Monday, April 27, 2015 12:38 PM

All replies

• Hi John,

As far as I know, we can't create a report based on time by using the build-in report in WSUS.

We can try to use the powershell script to achieve your goal.

I have tested the script below on my WSUS server, it works properly:

$wsusserver = "V-STL063654VM"
    #Load required assemblies
    [void][reflection.assembly]::LoadWithPartialName("Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration")
    $wsus = [Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration.AdminProxy]::getUpdateServer($wsusserver,$False,8530)
    $updatescope = New-Object Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration.UpdateScope
    $updatescope.ApprovedStates = [Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration.ApprovedStates]::LatestRevisionApproved
    $wsus.GetUpdateApprovals($updatescope) |? {$_.CreationDate -gt (Get-Date).adddays(-15)}

If you have any further question about powershell, please post your question on the powershell forum:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?forum=winserverpowershell

Best Regards.

Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 9:59 AM
  • Hi Steven,

thanks for your reply. I actually found a way to get the details I required. As I'd only approved them to one more group, I was able to sort them in the "Approval" column, which I was then able to cut and paste into an excel spread. Not clean, but it was enough this time.

Thanks for your script. I had read a little about using PoSh with WSUS, but I've not tried using it yet. I'll give your script a test to see how it works.

Regards,

John.

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 3:15 PM