SQL Server 2019 Connect to ASP Classic Application. RRS feed

• Question

• I am upgrading my database from SQL Server 2014 to SQL Server 2019. I see a challenge in connecting my ASP Classic application to SQL Server.Whenever there is a call from the ASP classic page to the DB objects, it throws out error saying A ScriptEngine threw exception 'C0000005' in 'IActiveScript::GetScriptState()' from 'CActiveScriptEngine::ReuseEngine()'.

Need the help/support here if anybody has faced similar type of issues or have come across with this error.I am still able to login via SSMS with the same user name which I have used in configs.

Note:- Same application is working fine while pointing back to SQL 2014 without any issues.

Monday, May 4, 2020 4:21 PM

All replies

• That error is meaningless and in no way helps diagnose the problem, it is just reporting the script failed.  There must be another error before this error.

Most likely, your connection string or login is invalid.  There should be no difference connecting to SQL 2019 instead of SQL 2014.

Monday, May 4, 2020 4:31 PM
  • Hi Tom,

Thanks for your response.We are unable to connect to SQL 2019 DB and this is the error it got captured in the event viewer.We have re-verified the connection string/login and it shows no difference when we compared with the SQL 2014.

Monday, May 4, 2020 4:35 PM
  • Thanks for your response.We are unable to connect to SQL 2019 DB and this is the error it got captured in the event viewer.We have re-verified the connection string/login and it shows no difference when we compared with the SQL 2014.

Presumably you are not reaching the SQL 2019 instance. That could be because of firewalls, the instance is not running or enabled for remote connections, or because there is an error in the connection string.

Since we don't see your site or configuration, we can't help with the details. We can only tell you where to look. And point out that the SQL Server version has nothing to with it. Nor has the user, because you are not making it far enough to try the user.

Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se

Monday, May 4, 2020 9:33 PM