sound on del xps m1210... RRS feed

• Question

• when i start my laptop, i hear the normal dell s, or play cd..no sound...went to master volume control and it was on "0" sounds, but inaccessible...traced it to "no mixer found"...but following their instructions will not restore or allow me to adjust volume cursor...so,seems can't download driver that exists, and if i do...same result...any suggestuons???
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 5:42 PM

Answers

• Hi,

From your description I understand that the sound works during boot up process but after entering into system, no sound and no control over the volume. If I misunderstand, check if the onboard sound is enabled in BIOS.

At this point, I suggest downloading audo device drivers from Dell download center and then go to device manager and remove all sound devices listed . then rebot computer and direct it to the newley downloaded drivers .

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 7:19 AM