Word 2007 template protected for formatting opens as unprotected for 2010 users RRS feed

• Question

• I have Word 2007 and I've created a template with password protection to restrict formatting to the designated Styles. When a user creates a new document from the template in Word 2010, it is NOT protected (and I believe someone indicated it was opening in a "compatibility" mode, but I'm not positive of this.) How can I protect my 2007 template so that it is also protected for users with Word 2010?
    Tuesday, November 12, 2013 2:17 AM

Answers

• Hi

For your issue, I have tested in my machine.

However after I set password protection for a 2007 template, Word 2010 still need password to edit.

Here's a link for your reference to add protection to a template, follow the detailed steps:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/word-help/add-protection-to-a-template-HA010030757.aspx

You might also start Word 2007 in safe mode, copy the contens to a new blank file to check the issue.

It is also recommended that you do a repair for your Office suites in Control panel>Program and features>Office>Change>Repair

Best regards

Tylor Wang
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by TylorWang Tuesday, November 19, 2013 1:03 AM
    • Marked as answer by Tony Chen CHN Monday, November 25, 2013 2:31 PM
    Wednesday, November 13, 2013 7:01 AM