HP DV9000 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have an HP DV9000 Laptop which still runs on Vista. I have software on it which runs on older OS and is costly to upgrade to the current windows versions. So i think to make it virtual. I used Acronis, took an image and converted to (.vhd). Loaded under DELL HOST with Xeon CPU. Guest OS is crushing upon startup with Blue Screen. Now, is it possible that i need to make a guest under the HOST with HP branded hardware? Another question:  Old laptop has AMD cpu and my hosts have either i7 or Xeon. Could it be a problem as well?

Thanks

Monday, August 22, 2016 2:36 PM

All replies

• When performing a P2V there are a number of changes to the Windows installation (boot) drive that need to happen before the .vhd will boot as a VM guest -- regardless of whether you're going from an AMD physical machine or Intel.

But since you are using Acronis -- why don't you ask them?

This forum is for customers who are using Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter (MVMC) to convert from Physical to Virtual.

If you are not getting support from Acronis, maybe you should try using MVMC and then come back here if you still have issues.

EricW4242

Monday, August 29, 2016 6:32 PM