none
Manager should have read only permission for his tem members projects RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I want to make ONLY the owner of project plan should be able to EDIT ie. in other words , Level 1 can see Level 2's projects BUT he (Level 1) should not be able to EDIT/UPDATE the plan. At the moment , both the owner (Level 2) and his Manager (Level 1) are able to EDIT . I need to stop Level 1 to EDIT his memebers projects (READ ONLY).

How could i do that?

Thanks

Palani

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 6:39 AM

All replies

• Hi palani,

set the level of users through RBS. see this technet blog and video know more about RBS confiugration: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc197354(v=office.14).aspx#section5

Also change the permission of Leve1 users group, select the category associated with this group and uncheck the permission open project, edit project summary fields, publish project. and also from Global permission section, uncheck log on to project server from PP, and New Project.

hope this helps.

Khurram Jamshed - MBA, PMP, MCTS, MCITP ( Blog, Twitter, Linkedin )
    If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 12:30 PM
  • Hi Khurram Jamshed,

Thanks for your response. But unfortunately, Level 1 (Manager) should have the permission to create / update his own projects , but only READ his descendant (Level 2) projects. So, if i uncheck 'NewProject',

'permission open project' , 'publish project' then how could he (Level 1) create his own project?

Thanks

Palani

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 12:51 PM
  • Hi,

You never mentioned this in your first post :)

follow the steps to achieve that Owner of the project will be able to new/open/edit his projects only, but on the other project where he has to act as team member, he should only be able to view (read-only).

Note: if you have any conflict with the above statement, do not follow the steps below and please explain your question again.

1. Click the My Projects category to open it for editing.
    2. In the Projects section, select only the "The User is the Project Owner or the User is the Status Manager on assignments within that Project" option and deselect all other options in this section.
    3. click save.

Completing the above steps gives each project manager Read/Write access to only those projects in which they are the Owner or Status Manager of the project. 

1. Click the Project Managers group to open it for editing.
    2. In the Categories section, Add the My Tasks category 
    4. Select the My Tasks category  and In the Permissions grid immediately below the Selected categories list, select the "Allow" checkbox for the "Open Project" permission.

7. Click save.

Completing the second set of steps allows the project managers to have Read-Only access in 2010 to projects in which they are team members but are not the owner of the project.

hope this helps.

Khurram Jamshed - MBA, PMP, MCTS, MCITP ( Blog, Twitter, Linkedin )
    If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 1:14 PM