Suppress caller ID with extension RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've got a question concerning the suppress caller ID feature in the route options of the Lync 2010 Control Panel. We use a SIP Trunk for PSTN calls.

We want to change the caller ID from e.g. +41 12345 678 (678 is the extension of the specific user) of outgoing calls to +49 54321 678 (678 is the same extension) if the user calls a number starting with +49.

Is it possible to change the leading numbers and to keep the extension of the user, e.g. with a regular expression in the suppress caller ID field? If it is not possible in the suppress caller ID field, can this be achieved in the trunk configuration or has it to be done at the SIP Trunk provider side?

Anybody out there having any ideas?

Cheers,

Mathias

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 8:58 AM

Answers

• Yes, you can do that. You would need to configure multiple trunks to the same gateway/IP PBX with alternate DNS names.

However the following requirement cannot be achieved.

"Is it possible to change the leading numbers and to keep the extension of the user, e.g. with a regular expression in the suppress caller ID field?"

This would be a more definitive answer:

When you suppress the caller ID, you can set it to a specific number or the trunk's default number, but not a regex based manipulated number.

If you have "manageable number of users", one option would be; (needs testing - just a though)

• creating a separate trunk for each user using the same gateway
    • create a voice route for the calls that start with +49.
    • Create a separate voice policy/usage for each user.
    • And route the calls to +49 with relevant trunk, where you configure caller id suppression per user.

Thursday, May 24, 2012 11:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Mathias,

Caller ID suppression in Lync 2010 does not support destination based manipulation.
    You can suppress the caller ID and replace with a generic one but not based on the the destination number (like any calls starting with +49)

You can ask if your SIP provider supports it or not. Alternatively you can use a certified voice gateway for this type of manipulation.

Turgay

• Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Thursday, May 24, 2012 5:40 AM
    Wednesday, May 23, 2012 7:20 PM
  • Hi Turgay,

Thank you for your answer.

I can define multiple routes in the lync control panel, and for each route i can configure suppress caller ID and you can build patterns to match specific numbers. So destination based manipulation should be possible, because I can define routes with patterns to match +49, +41 etc. In each route i can activate suppress caller ID, so it should be possible to display different numbers for different routes.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Mathias

Thursday, May 24, 2012 12:32 PM
  • Yes, you can do that. You would need to configure multiple trunks to the same gateway/IP PBX with alternate DNS names.

However the following requirement cannot be achieved.

"Is it possible to change the leading numbers and to keep the extension of the user, e.g. with a regular expression in the suppress caller ID field?"

This would be a more definitive answer:

When you suppress the caller ID, you can set it to a specific number or the trunk's default number, but not a regex based manipulated number.

If you have "manageable number of users", one option would be; (needs testing - just a though)

• creating a separate trunk for each user using the same gateway
    • create a voice route for the calls that start with +49.
    • Create a separate voice policy/usage for each user.
    • And route the calls to +49 with relevant trunk, where you configure caller id suppression per user.

Thursday, May 24, 2012 11:33 PM
  • A valid workaround, but a nightmare for the administrators to keep it updated in a big corporate system with 1000s of users...
    Saturday, May 26, 2012 10:51 AM