Vista Mail resets Windows on right click RRS feed

• Question

•  

When I am creating email and setting names from my contact list and I want to delete a name or remove a contact name and I right click on that contact the vista mail it resets windows and restarts vista mail.  I lose the email and have to start the email all over again.  This happens every time I click right mouse in the contacts.  I need a fix for this problem or I will have to go back to Incredimail Mail and quit using Vista Mail.
    Sunday, October 5, 2008 9:29 AM

All replies

•  

Hi Carl, have you tried System Restore on this issue? If this does not resolve the issue, the issue can be caused by software conflicts, let's perform a Clean Boot to check the result:

1. Click Start, type "MSCONFIG" (without the quotations) in the Search Bar and Press "Enter" to start the System Configuration Utility.

Note: Please click Continue if the "User Account Control" window pops up.

2. Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray).

3. Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK".

4. Restart the computer and test the issue.

Note: Clean Boot is a troubleshooting step. If some programs have been disabled, we can re-enable them later. If you see the System Configuration Utility, check the box of "Don't show this message" and then click "OK".

Please test this issue in the Clean Boot environment. If the issue disappears, we can use a 50/50 approach to quickly narrow down which entry is causing the issue.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 6:12 AM