Issue with adobe air dependant application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I am currently working on clients in house application. This application requires adobe air for installation. This application shortcut will prompt for loin credentials in flash screen when the shortcut is launched. I completed sequencing the application by installing the adobe air before monitoring phase and then sequenced the main package. When i test the app-v package , i am unable to find the user name and password flash window alone.Other options such as settings , options are available.I tried to sequence the both adobe air and main application as a single package but still the issue remains unsolved.Request your help to solve this issue.

Regards,

S.Yuvaraj

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 6:20 PM

Answers

• Hi Learn, have you or can you try the following:

1. Install Adobe Air

2. Copy GMDesk-1.01.air to C:\Install

3. Create install folder on Q drive. Ex. Q:\GMDeskEN.001

4. Create install batch file using the following command line

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0\Adobe AIR Application Installer.exe" -silent -location Q:\Install Folder -desktopShortcut -programMenu <program>.air

Note: -desktopShortcut places shortcut on desktop and –programMenu places shortcut in Start Menu. Exclude these from the batch file if you do not want to them created.

Example:

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0\Adobe AIR Application Installer.exe" -silent -location Q:\GMDeskEN.001 -desktopShortcut -programMenu C:\Install\GMDesk-1.01.air

Note: After this step I will normally take a snapshot of my sequencer. Then test the batch file. If it works then I’ll restore and continue sequencing. You can also perform this test on a separate machine.

5. Prep machine for sequencing

6. Launch Microsoft Application Virtualization Sequencer

7. Create a New Virtual Application Package

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 6:33 PM
  • Hi Yuvaraj,

I have found the solution for the issue :-).Please don't launch the shortcut while sequencing, if even though you have launched it  make sure you delete the below two mentioned folders:

CSIDL_APPDATA\Adobe\AIR\ELS\com.xxxx.XXXXX

CSIDL_APPDATA\com.xxxxx.XXXXX

User specific data is captured in this which will make the application not to work for other users.

I had a similar issue for snippely application. Chk my blog for the issue and solution : appvtech.blogspot.com/2013/01/sequencing-snippely-11.html

I am quite sure this will reslove your issue!!!

Regards,

Pavan

Thursday, January 17, 2013 4:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Learn, have you or can you try the following:

1. Install Adobe Air

2. Copy GMDesk-1.01.air to C:\Install

3. Create install folder on Q drive. Ex. Q:\GMDeskEN.001

4. Create install batch file using the following command line

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0\Adobe AIR Application Installer.exe" -silent -location Q:\Install Folder -desktopShortcut -programMenu <program>.air

Note: -desktopShortcut places shortcut on desktop and –programMenu places shortcut in Start Menu. Exclude these from the batch file if you do not want to them created.

Example:

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0\Adobe AIR Application Installer.exe" -silent -location Q:\GMDeskEN.001 -desktopShortcut -programMenu C:\Install\GMDesk-1.01.air

Note: After this step I will normally take a snapshot of my sequencer. Then test the batch file. If it works then I’ll restore and continue sequencing. You can also perform this test on a separate machine.

5. Prep machine for sequencing

6. Launch Microsoft Application Virtualization Sequencer

7. Create a New Virtual Application Package

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 6:33 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the reply. But the main application is a msi package. Hence the given command for installation will not work know. Kindly suggest.

Thank You.

S.Yuvaraj

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 6:35 PM
  • Hello,

The above process works great. If its an adobe air application - I suggest you extract it from the MSI.

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 9:31 PM
  • Hi Never4saken and Znack,

I have sequenced as per the above mentioned stpes for sequencding the application. But the behaviour of shortcut of app-v package differs from the behaviour of air package. Please find the enclosed screen shot for the same.

Source shortcut behaviour

App-v Package :

Kindly suggest.

Saturday, December 22, 2012 2:42 PM
  • Try to find which dependencies (files, regkeys.. wrong paths..) are missing with ProcMon.

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 8:44 AM
  • Hi ,

Tried using the procmon but in vain. I am getting the above error if we remove the file named  signature.xml file from “%PROGRAMFILES%\British Gas Business Support Stream\META-INF” and launch the main exe located in “%PROGRAMFILES%\British Gas Business Support Stream”.

Kind Regards,

S.Yuvaraj.

Friday, December 28, 2012 10:38 AM
    • What version of the client and sequencer are you using?
    • What version of Adobe AIR?
    • If you get the error if you remove signature.xml and get the error, what happens if you don't remove signature.xml?

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Saturday, December 29, 2012 7:56 AM
  • Hi Aaron,

Please find my answers below :

• What version of the client and sequencer are you using?

App-v 4.6 SP1 Client and App-v 4.6 SP1 Sequencer

• What version of Adobe AIR?

Adobe-Air_1.5.1.8210

• If you get the error if you remove signature.xml and get the error, what happens if you don't remove signature.xml?

Ididnt try to remove the signature.xml from the bubble. If i dont remove the signature.xml from the bubble the application shortcut launches like below

Thank You.

Yuvi.     

Saturday, December 29, 2012 12:41 PM
  • Hello,

Have you determined what happens in the background when the above behavior occurs? Does it locate the signature.xml, as an example of something that could be worth investigating and validating?

Saturday, December 29, 2012 5:52 PM
  • In your previous response you said that you did remove signature.xml. I'm confused - what is the significance of that file? Does it relate to the issue at all?

Test with the App-V 4.6 SP2 Sequencer and Client instead.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Saturday, December 29, 2012 10:47 PM
  • Hi Aaron,

When i install the source and remove the signature.xml file from the %PROGRAMFILES%\British Gas Business Support Stream\META-INF” i am getting the same behaviour as my app-v package behaviour.

Thanks.

Yuvi

Sunday, December 30, 2012 4:37 PM
  • Hi Znack,

No it does not locate the signature.xml file.

Thanks,

Yuvi.

Sunday, December 30, 2012 4:39 PM
  • Hello,

Is there any alternate location you could place the file for the virtualized instance to find it?

Sunday, December 30, 2012 5:03 PM
  • Hi Znack,

Tried the same but the result is same.

Thanks,

Yuvaraj

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 8:50 PM
  • Hello,

I don't understand the response? Which locations did you try? Did process monitor tell you which locations the application uses?

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 10:34 PM
  • Hi Yuvaraj,

I have a similar problem for a Adobe-AIR dependent application i am trying to find solutions. Will let you know if i find something.

Regards,

Pavan

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 9:31 AM
  • Hi Yuvaraj,

I have found the solution for the issue :-).Please don't launch the shortcut while sequencing, if even though you have launched it  make sure you delete the below two mentioned folders:

CSIDL_APPDATA\Adobe\AIR\ELS\com.xxxx.XXXXX

CSIDL_APPDATA\com.xxxxx.XXXXX

User specific data is captured in this which will make the application not to work for other users.

I had a similar issue for snippely application. Chk my blog for the issue and solution : appvtech.blogspot.com/2013/01/sequencing-snippely-11.html

I am quite sure this will reslove your issue!!!

Regards,

Pavan

Thursday, January 17, 2013 4:46 AM