Error while sequencing vmware virtual vsphere client RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I am trying to sequence application called VMware Virtual vSphere Client application . During the monitoring phase when i click on the application source it goes for installation but after the license agreement screen it throws an error stating that "1603 error installing windows installer engine. Close all the files that are being used and then continue". Kindly advice.

Regards,
    Yuvaraj
    Yuvaraj Subramanian
    Sunday, March 21, 2010 12:32 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Probably there is a lock on something the installer tries to replace. I would suggest to reboot the machine and try again or try to perform a native installation with a verbose-logging enabled (or enable the logging while sequencing) to verify what happens.

/Znack

Sunday, March 21, 2010 6:13 PM
  • I have successfully sequenced that particular application. I'm not exactly sure which version you are looking at, but the version we have (4.0.0 Build 208111) also required the Visual J# redistributable as a client pre-requisite.  I included that install as part of the virtual package as that is not a part of our normal image. 

I don't remember seeing that particular error message.  You might try launching the setup outside of sequencing and see if your sequencer is missing any of the prerequisites for that application.

Monday, March 22, 2010 2:45 PM
  • Hi ,

I  got the solution for this issue. This application requires .Net Framework 3.5 and Windows Installer 3.1 to be installed before monitoring phase. Now I am able to sequence the application.   Thank You all for your kind help.

Regards,

Yuvi.

Yuvaraj Subramanian
    Monday, March 22, 2010 4:12 PM
  • Monday, April 23, 2012 1:32 PM