Localization of Forefront messages displayed to users RRS feed

• Question

• Can Forefront Protection 2010 be persuaded to offer error messages in a language other than the installation language of the server?  I have a SharePoint 2010 server, installed in English, with the French language pack installed.  I have sites with both English and French enabled (English being the primary language).  When a user triggers a Forefront message, they always receive a mostly-English message regardless if they have English or French selected as their browsing language for the site.

A user browsing the site in English sees the following message:

Malware Found
         Malware Trivial within file suspicious.txt has been detected.
         This file cannot be saved to the document library. If you want to save this file to the document library, clean the file using alternative virus scanning software and try saving it again.

A user browsing the site in French receives the following message:

Malware Found  
         Malware Trivial within file suspicious.txt has been detected.
         Ce fichier ne peut pas être enregistré dans la bibliothèque de documents. Pour l'enregistrer dans la bibliothèque de documents, nettoyez-le à l'aide d'un autre logiciel antivirus et réessayez.

Ideally the user should receive a message localized to their browsing language  I know that the 'Malware...' messages come from the Forefront resource files and are translated in the FR-FR localization, but Forefront is ignoring the user's browsing language this and always offering the message in English.

I haven't seen anything in the Forefront documentation which discusses this except for a generic 'supports X languages' statement.

Thursday, April 7, 2011 11:08 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for the post.

“Can Forefront Protection 2010 be persuaded to offer error messages in a language other than the installation language of the server?” – As far as I know, it depends on your Forefront version, you should installed the related language pack.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Friday, April 15, 2011 5:15 AM