OWA + Delegates + Calendar = Confusion RRS feed

• Question

• I have a remote user (Assistant) who only uses OWA.  I have an office user (Boss) who uses a mix of OWA and Outlook 2003.  Both users are on an up-to-date Exchange 2003 Enterprise Server.

I want Assistant to be able to access Boss's calendar from OWA.  Boss delegated his calendar to Assistant with Editor priveleges but this only allows Assistant Read-Only to Boss's calendar via OWA.  (Using the method https://exchangeserver/exchange/boss/calendar )  Additionally, Asisstant can't see any details about Boss's appointments marked "Private" even though Boss specifically checked the box "Delegate can see my private items."

However, if I test log in as Assistant via Outlook 2003 and "File > Open > Other Users Folder"  Assistant can open and modify Boss's calendar which is what I want to happen.  Unfortunately, for our setup, Assistant can only use OWA and not Outlook 2003. 

Is there any way to allow Assistant to administer Boss's calendar fully (including seeing private appointment details) via OWA or is this imposisble?  Do I need to allow full mailbox control in addition to delegation?

Thanks very much in advance for any tips/advice.

Monday, October 23, 2006 7:50 PM

All replies

• @PriorityMail:  I see you have no responses to your issue and am hoping you have resolved this since you posted.  I am having the same issue as you list above.

The only way I can get around this is by giving the "Assistant" full mailbox control in additional to delegate rights.

If you were able to come up with another solution, I would be grateful if you would pass it along.

Thanks,

Allan
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 5:02 PM