i have an external and internal DVD rewriter and the drivers won't work on Vista Home Premium. Can any one help? RRS feed

• General discussion

• i have an external and internal DVD rewriter and the drivers won't work on Vista Home Premium.  Can any one help?
    The driver there but won't load.
    Saturday, June 6, 2009 5:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet Forum.

You need to install Windows Vista compatible drivers, I suggest that you contact DVD manufacturer to obtain the latest driver.

Meanwhile, for further troubleshooting, could you please provide more detail descriptions:

1. Do you have two DVD rewriters, one is an external DVD rewriter and the other is an internal one?

2. What is the brand of DVD rewriter?

3. Could you see these devices in Device Manager? Can these DVD be detected in BIOS? I recommend that you provide System Information to us.

How to collect the System Information

=====================================

1. Press Start, type in msinfo32 in the Start Search bar and then press Enter.

2. Choose Save from the File menu and save it as an NFO file.

3. Find the file, right-click on this file, click "Send To", and click "Compressed (zipped) Folder".

4. Upload the compressed file in SkyDrive ( www.skydrive.live.com ), and let us know the URL.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009 3:10 AM
  • Some Else I Have Tried Before .... Delete The Driver From Device Manager ... Restart Your Computer .. It May Work ..

Tuesday, June 9, 2009 1:39 PM