none
Internet Explorer crashed on windows 8. RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hey everyone, i am using Internet Explorer on windows 8.  Suddenly my IE crashes and it has stopped working. I know this problem and crashes mainly come from faulty. dll files intruding the explorer excel file. 

I also tried to reset Internet explorer. But unable to solve the issue. 

What can i do? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you

Friday, May 10, 2019 12:37 PM

All replies

• What version of IE are you running? make sure your Antivirus is up to date and not causing this.
    Friday, May 10, 2019 12:58 PM
  • Hi,

If the issue persists you could try to capture a user mode dump of the crash which has the potential to identify the cause.

You can configure Windows to create user-mode dumps. Create a System Restore Point first.

If you copy and paste the following in Notepad and save as a .reg file (save with the .reg extension and give it any name such as iedump.reg), then right-click the .reg file and select "Merge" to add to the registry, a .dmp file at the time iexplore.exe crashes should be created in the C:\CrashDumps folder:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps\iexplore.exe]
    "DumpFolder"=hex(2):43,00,3a,00,5c,00,43,00,72,00,61,00,73,00,68,00,44,00,75,\
    00,6d,00,70,00,73,00,00,00

After Internet Explorer (iexplore.exe) crashes, can you then make the .dmp file available (provide link) via a public folder on OneDrive or similar site?

Here is a link on using OneDrive :

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/onedrive/share-file-folder

More info on collecting user-mode dumps:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb787181(VS.85).aspx

To stop the creation of the user mode dump files run the following registry file:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps\iexplore.exe]

You can delete the C:\CrashDumps folder anytime.

• Edited by auggyMVP Friday, May 10, 2019 2:22 PM
    Friday, May 10, 2019 2:21 PM