Redirecting the page for windows authentication in sharepoint 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• We are using the windows authentication for our SharePoint 2007 site. I a looking to redirect the page to the other url whenever the user hit the cancel button or if he/she enters the wrong id/password...? Any suggestions would be appreciable....Thanks in advance
    • Moved by Xue-Mei Chang-MSFTModerator Thursday, November 10, 2011 7:25 AM sharepoint 2007 issue (From:SharePoint 2010 - General Questions and Answers)
    Tuesday, November 8, 2011 3:30 PM

All replies

• Hi ashraf310,

The popup window of Windows Authentication is not related with SharePoint, it is built in with Windows system and related with IE, we cannot get the structure information of it and do modifications as expected.

Thanks,
    Qiao

Friday, November 11, 2011 10:50 AM
  • You are right, but what I was trying is to create the error pages by status code 401.1 and 401.2 (in IIS 7) and set the path to the error.htm page (already created) which needs to get displayed when the user hit the cancel button. But the thing is here whenever I add the new status code the entry type is getting local which I need to change it to the inherited, then I think it is going to work. But I am not sure how to change it to inherited ? Please help me out here, thanks in advance.

• Edited by aaj2012 Friday, November 11, 2011 9:22 PM
    Friday, November 11, 2011 9:21 PM