How to Pin files from network drives to taskbar's jump list? RRS feed

• Question

• For example:

I pinned Excel to taskbar, when you right click it, you can see the Frequent list and pinned files list.

The problem is, When I drag files in my local disk to the icon, the files will be pinned to the jump list.

But when I drag a file from a network drive folder, e.g. P drive : \\server\folder . It just doesn't work

My OS is Window 7 Enterprise

Thursday, January 28, 2016 12:46 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I have did a test on my Windows 7 enterprise version’s computer, when I drag a txt file from a network drive to my taskbar, I can see this txt file pinned to the jump list. Just like the picture below.

So, your scenario make me confused, have you try pin another usual file(such as a txt file or a doc file, rather than that your specific file) to the taskbar? If not, please have a try, I think your current condition may be related to this file.

We can try to rebuild the jump list to check the issue, please check this website below.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/fix-taskbar-explorer-icon-jump-list-not-working-in-windows-7

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope my clarification is clear.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 29, 2016 5:54 AM