Check the zone of shared folders in Explorer in Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• hi.

Please teach a method to confirm the zone of the shared folder by Explorer of Windows 7.

Thursday, September 22, 2011 6:54 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you enabled the status bar in Windows 7? Open a Windows explorer in Windows 7, press ALT key, click the View tab, select Status bar.

If I misunderstand your words, please upload some related screenshots for further analyzing.

Regards,

Alex Zhao

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by a-ki Tuesday, September 27, 2011 7:32 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by a-ki Tuesday, September 27, 2011 7:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by a-ki Tuesday, September 27, 2011 7:33 AM
    Monday, September 26, 2011 5:25 AM

All replies

• Sir,  I can't understand ? 

Regards

MCP | MCTS | MCITP
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 10:16 AM
  • Hi,

In order to get better understanding of this question, can you describe your problem in detail?

Regards,

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, September 23, 2011 3:29 AM
  • Las D. Rashid
    Alex Zhaozx

I'm sorry.

In the status bar, intranet and the Internet and a zone are displayed if I access a shared folder when it is Explorer of XP.

But it is displayed nowhere when it is Windows7.

I want to know the method to confirm whether that a shared folder is intranet is the Internet by Explorer of Windows7.

Please teach it.

Friday, September 23, 2011 11:47 PM
  • It seems there is no explicit way on Explore to tell intranet or internet zone of a shared folder for Win7.

But you can always figure it out by simply run tracert command in command prompt. For example, let's say the shared folder name is machineA\folderA.

1. Click Start -> All programs -> Accessories -> command prompt

2. Run "tracert machineA"

3. Check the output.

Hope this helps.

Saturday, September 24, 2011 8:18 AM
  • Hi,

Have you enabled the status bar in Windows 7? Open a Windows explorer in Windows 7, press ALT key, click the View tab, select Status bar.

If I misunderstand your words, please upload some related screenshots for further analyzing.

Regards,

Alex Zhao

• Marked as answer by a-ki Tuesday, September 27, 2011 7:32 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by a-ki Tuesday, September 27, 2011 7:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by a-ki Tuesday, September 27, 2011 7:33 AM
    Monday, September 26, 2011 5:25 AM
  • Alex Zhaozx

Hi,

I will show the status bar, the zone was confirmed.

I thought that the details pane status bar.

Embarrassed

Thank you.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 7:33 AM