none
Cannot save attachments from outlook to My Documents. RRS feed

• Question

• At the company i worked for, there is a problem with saving attachments from Outlook in to My Documents.

Info:

Outlook 2010

Exchange Server 2007 (CCR Cluster 1 HUB and 2 MBX)

Redirected My Documents

File Cluster (Windows Server 2003 Ent)

All the people using Outlook working at the company can’t save their outlook attachments to the My Documents (which is relocated to the homedir folder on the file cluster ) anymore. 

The strange part here is, that the attachments are saved to that location. Only a notification pop-ups in outlook and says, that the attachment can’t be saved. L

When i open the My Documents and tried to save something, there is no problem.

The problem occured spontaneously, we can’t find a solution to fix it.

On the file cluster the security rights on the profile and homefolder are correct, nothing changed.

Yesterday I updated both Exchange nodes and did a failover and rebooted the passive node.

The problem still exists,  when people tried to save there attachment into My Documents it keeps popping op.

When the people save there attachment on the Desktop, than there is no warning.

Sorry for my bad English, hopefully someone can help me.

Kind Regards,

Arie   

Tuesday, December 23, 2014 12:22 PM

All replies

• Let me be sure I understand your problem - you say they are able to save the attachments, but that they get an error?  Or that they can't save the attachments at all?  In either case, you imply that you used to be able to do this - besides the updates you did yesterday, what was changed in your environment?  Had you updated Exchange or Outlook?  Changed an IP address on a system somewhere?
    Tuesday, December 23, 2014 1:57 PM
  • Even if you get the warning "Attachment cannot be saved" the attachment is saved. There is nothing changed in the environment. On my desktop i have installed the latest office patches manual and rebooted my machine.

Wednesday, December 24, 2014 8:09 AM
  • Hi,

This issue can be caused by Protected View settings in Office prevent saving E-mail Attachments. Please try the following steps to check this issue:

1. Open an Office product such as Excel.
    2. Choose File > Options > Trust Center
    3. Click “Trust Center Settings” Button
    4. Choose Protected View in left side selection pane.
    5. Check appropriate check boxes for Protected View settings.
    6. Click OK > OK.
    7. Close and Open Outlook.

If this issue persists, please let me know.

Best Regards.

Wednesday, December 24, 2014 9:36 AM
  • If the issue persists he should really ask his question in a forum for the Outlook client, not the Exchange server. The server has nothing to do with how the client O/S and its shares are managed.

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Saturday, January 3, 2015 10:30 PM
  • I cleaned the Outlook cache and also changed the temporary cache location and of course checked the Trust Center settings.

The problem still exist, i have created an ticket at Microsoft for now.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 2:33 PM