Creating a list item in parent SharePoint Online site with sub-site creation metadata RRS feed

• Question

•    

I have a SharePoint Online team site which contains sub-sites for each of my client organization (Company). Each company sub-site further contains sub-sites for each project within and eventually each project sub-site contains project data which includes documents, etc. To make it more understandable the structure, is built like this:

Main SharePoint Site Page (Home page):
    Multiple lists containing all companies by account type (XX or YY) with links to the company home page

Company Sub-site Page:
    Lists all current and archived projects with links to project pages

Company Project Sub-site Page:
    Contains all project specific documents, notes, and team members

When creating company or project sub-site I'm redirected native site creation page newsbweb.aspx. This page only have a handful of metadata fields for example "Title and Description" and "URL".

How can I add more metadata fields to site creation page and store the metadata at someplace. Also, Is there a way to trigger a custom script/workflow upon site creation which will update a list at parent site that will add a list item containing all metadata in different columns.

Friday, December 15, 2017 1:13 PM

All replies