none
Passing Paramters to Decomposition tree RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello All,

I have a PPS Dashboard which contains:

- A Scorecards

- A Decomposition tree

The problem that i noticed with the Decomposition tree is that it doesn't interact with filters (I mean when it is linked with any filter: example Time filter, when changing time selection values are remained the same). This is not the case with any other ProClarity/PPS chart, They Do interacts.

The other problem is similar to that one, I want to click in an item in the score card (Country for example) and then the Decomposition tree displays the cities under that country: The same thing, all other ProClarity/PPS charts do that job when linking them with the scorecard, Decomposition tree doesn't!

Is that a Bug in decomposition trees in general? If No what could be a solution?

(Note: Please answer asap as this is a critical-very time limited project task)

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 12:20 AM

Answers

• Decomposition Trees cannot accept filters due to the fact that a decomposition tree is very unique in the fact that it runs a differen OLAP query for each level in the tree. We cannot pass the filter into all of the different queries and it would limit the cross drill options users had the ability to see.

Thanks,

Alyson

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 1:46 PM

All replies