Sharepoint Sites generate a 503 error after login RRS feed

• Question

• I have a SharePoint environment that is hosting sites for all of the colleges in our university system. I had no problem setting up our staging environment but now that I am trying to set up production I am running into an error. We provide a scripted provisioning option for site setup and that works, but when I browse to any of the provisioned sites I find that the site is not responsive on port 443 and when I login via port 80 I am able to authenticate, but then after authentication I see a 503 error.

I have been beating m head against this for weeks and I am at a total loss. I see no errors in the logs, no application pools or services are stopped, none of the passwords on the service accounts are expired, I just don't know where to turn.

Monday, November 2, 2015 4:42 AM

Answers

• Hi Ashley,

if i'm getting this clear it happens on the creation of the site collection not on the creation of site under site collection, if yes it's maybe related to a managed path creation for your site collection 

for testing proposes lets try to add Wildcard managed path before creating the site in the code using the script below and see.

string path = "CustomPath";
    SPWebApplication webApp = SPWebApplication.Lookup(new Uri("http://<serverName>/"));
    SPPrefixCollection prefixColl = webApp.Prefixes;
    if (prefixColl.Contains(path) == false)
    {
    SPPrefix newPrefix = webApp.Prefixes.Add(path, SPPrefixType.ExplicitInclusion);
    }

• Proposed as answer by Taifour Sunday, November 22, 2015 4:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by Victoria Xia Friday, November 27, 2015 11:09 AM
    Tuesday, November 3, 2015 4:51 AM

All replies

• Hi Ashley,

Please check the Event viewer if you see any errors.

And please use the below command to collect the error log using the correlation ID

Merge-SPLogFile -Path "C:\MergedLog.log" -Overwrite –Correlation “<CorrelationID- Guid>”

The correlation ID must be a valid GUID, in the form F0BB0790-4323-A153-096F-ABCDC80E24D4.

If no errors were collected your issue maybe around the IIS configuration (AppPool or Web.Config) in one of the modules you are using to provision site setup

Monday, November 2, 2015 5:21 AM
  • I've checked the logs and there are no errors at all, which makes this all the more confusing and frustrating. And there is no correlation ID displaying.

I will take a look at the provisioning modules again. Maybe I am overlooking something.

Monday, November 2, 2015 4:14 PM
  • Aha...got it another way.

Application error when access /_admin/createsite.aspx, Error=There are no inclusions defined for this Web application.   at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.CreateSitePage.OnContextChange(Object sender, EventArgs e)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.ContextSelector`1.OnLoad(EventArgs e)     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean incl...    7fb63d9d-1f77-1049-6176-78cd74aa56e5
    Monday, November 2, 2015 9:29 PM
  • Hi Ashley,

if i'm getting this clear it happens on the creation of the site collection not on the creation of site under site collection, if yes it's maybe related to a managed path creation for your site collection 

for testing proposes lets try to add Wildcard managed path before creating the site in the code using the script below and see.

string path = "CustomPath";
    SPWebApplication webApp = SPWebApplication.Lookup(new Uri("http://<serverName>/"));
    SPPrefixCollection prefixColl = webApp.Prefixes;
    if (prefixColl.Contains(path) == false)
    {
    SPPrefix newPrefix = webApp.Prefixes.Add(path, SPPrefixType.ExplicitInclusion);
    }

• Proposed as answer by Taifour Sunday, November 22, 2015 4:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by Victoria Xia Friday, November 27, 2015 11:09 AM
    Tuesday, November 3, 2015 4:51 AM
  • Hi Ashley,

Any Luck with the proposed solution?

Thanks 

Thursday, November 5, 2015 5:48 AM